Ardrahan Filoux baskets in blackcurrant sauce
8 oz Ardrahan Cheese
4 sheets of filoux pastry
1 egg, whipped
For the sauce:
12 oz blackcurrants
4 oz granulated sugar
1. Roll out the 4 sheets of pastry
2. Cut the cheese into 4 pieces
3. Place the cheese in the centre of each pastry sheet
4. Gather the 4 corners of each of the pastries together to make a basket shape.
Brush with beaten egg, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F
5. Meanwhile, prepare the blackcurrant sauce. Cook the blackcurrants with the granulated sugar.
6. Blend in a blender or food processor
7. Rub the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds
8. Serve the filoux baskets with the warm blackcurrant sauce